Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Emerge Art - DAVID BOWIE

DAVID BOWIE © Lena Ghio 2016
As you know by now, legendary rocker DAVID BOWIE has passed on. Like millions of his fans, I was truly disconcerted when I found out yesterday about his death. Since I am a Montreal artist, I have been busy preparing my submission for the 375th anniversary of the city. I want to submit Emerge Art since it is an art form initiated here, in Montreal, by my humble self. With sadness in my heart, I was studying the images I took on December 9th 2015, a deliciously warm and springlike day in the city. Then my heart stopped! David Bowie was looking back at me! David Bowie regularly started his world tours in our fair city because he believed it to be one of the coolest places on earth.

Why would David Bowie be in this series of Emerge Art? This was a full month before he died. This January 8th, his 69th birthday, I pasted Happy Birthday wishes to him all over the place. His music rose up inside me and I listened to " Let's Dance " and shared it on my Facebook page and so on! Two days later, he is dead and I see him in my bowl of water... photographed one month earlier!

There is a deep spiritual meaning to this phenomena occurring in water, that I have transformed into Emerge Art , that transcends the man and artist that was David Bowie. I am studying the language of water and hope to make progress in this profound understanding. Until then, the phenomena tells me David Bowie, and your loved ones, live on in another dimension.

RIP my favorite Rock Star

-LENA GHIO




No comments:

Post a Comment