Friday, December 9, 2016

EMERGE ART • Discover the possibilities!

Nostradamus watching me © Lena Ghio, 2015 
Here is an example of how I investigate inside the bowl of water to realize an Emerge Art. I filter the original image that is often dark because if you put direct light on water you will only see its reflection inside the water and not the mysterious images it builds up and that pass very quickly.

Once I establish there is an interesting content, I enhance it through filters and very light paintbrush strokes- between 4 to 10% soft light. This allows the original image to remain visible as the content is highlighted and contrasted.

This particular image is special to me because it took me two years to see the image that is so meaningful to me. I recognize the blond girl serving food and drink in the center. That was me when I went to university and worked two jobs to pay for my education. The tiny character on my hip reminds me of how much I loved my "little" sister. You could say we were « attached at the hips.»

If you help me with this Crowd Funding project, I will be able to publish the book I have been working on since 2014: The Language of Water.
Follow this link to find out more.
Thank You

-LENA GHIO










No comments:

Post a Comment