Monday, July 9, 2018

E = MC 2, Life and Death

Woman on a train, © Lena Ghio, 2017 
FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche


Since May 1 2018 I have been dismantling my life. The process is not over yet and some facets are so embarrassing. I have been living at the same Montreal address since the last millennium. I periodically shared the huge space with my siblings  who moved in and out while one, my only sister, died. During that time I studied painting, sculpture, print making, watercolors, and drawing at the now closed Saidye Bronfman Centre for the Arts. I was not paying attention to the stockpile of art supplies, art works and books I was accumulating. I was also oblivious to the stuff my siblings left behind each time they moved. This summer I have lost all my furniture and about 80% of my books. The past was encrusted in the wood and my books had done serving me. It was time to let it go. I am praying I can still save my artworks that are stuck in my landlord's garage as I wait for a storage unit to be delivered. The wait seems endless. This process led me to the idea I will stretch out for you below: E = MC 2, Life and Death.

I imagined I could live from my art like many artists do. When I began this blog in 2010 I was compelled to understand certain aspects of physics and astrophysics because I now had a digital camera to record phenomenon that were hard to describe without sounding foolish. Case in point, the extraordinary apparition in a bowl of water shown above. When I began creating Emerge Art, I did not know there had been a spiritist art practice in the late 19th century that was cast aside because scientific thought was taking over the 20th century and those who practiced these art forms were considered lunatics. Check this article in French.

I see my transdisciplinary art practice as an exploration of natural manifestations of physics that merit to be understood in scientific terms. Many occurrences that were classified as occult are now documentable and shareable. This changes the perspective about what is going on when an incident like the one above occurs. 

The 19th century understanding was that the phenomena of apparitions in water, mirrors, gases, and so on, that artists of that time could not document directly but perhaps re-create through art, were manifestations of the dead. My 21st century understanding tells me that the "visitations" are unified fields during  moments of pure, intelligent creation

So as I am moving towards an unknown future, like so many humans are doing right now, leaving everything behind, just focusing on staying alive and tuned into the force that creates our lives in the first place, I saw how E = MC 2 applies to my current process and I saw how what I am going through is a life and death metamorphosis we go through once, or often, in a lifetime. 



Gold atoms MORE HERE 
Physics has demonstrated that objects only appear solid from our perspective but that if we look at them at the molecular level we see atoms divided by infinite space. It then occurred to me that the MC 2 of my life was turning into E and that this is the exact thing that happens when we die, symbolically or actually. The MC 2 part of our totality dissolves, fluids escape from our bodies that eventually revert to various elemental molecules.

In this personal process, I am challenging the E of my total being to re-create a new MC 2 for my on-going life. I am trusting my personal power to create events and circumstances as delicious and surprising as those that have defined my blog so far.

I will keep you posted and I hope you will share your rebirth experiences in the comments below.



https://twitter.com/GhioLena
https://www.facebook.com/lena.ghio.9https://www.facebook.com/The-Lena-Ghio-Paradox-Le-Paradox-Lena-Ghio-135622606480346/
https://www.pinterest.ca/lenaghio/

No comments:

Post a Comment