Friday, August 14, 2020

Healing Mandalas

Mandala July 1 2019 © Lena Ghio  
FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche

NOW

Times of uncertainty and planetary transformations on the crust of our home, the Earth, are the norm.  Humanity has thrived on our planet in spite of its shameful flaws and mistreatment of the very dear being that is our life source. 2020 has brought humanity to its knees with a deadly mysterious virus that stopped the destructive machine of human greed for one moment so nature could take a breath. 

Any sane person would feel sad or hopeless in the current chaos. That is a sign of intelligence.

There is only one choice facing humanity: choose to regenerate the Earth or die! This is true regardless of any individual's social, racial, gender or economic demographic. The amazing thing the quarantine has shown me is that the human world absolutely can operate at a scale where nature is protected. 

For most of us watching the spectacle of madmen ruled by greed and fools motivated by ignorance endangering the population and our planet, it is very disconcerting. It is possible that you are caught up in the traps set out by contemporary technology to devour your attention for the benefit of the few. So I am proposing the following exercise as a starting point for you tap your creative force and use it to generate for yourself an oasis of peace and prosperity. 

THE HEALING MANDALA



Process drawings by Le Corbusier 





A Clue From Architects

I have reduced the elements needed for the spiritual and psychological exercise of producing Healing Mandalas to only the very basic tools and materials: a pen or pencil and a sheet of paper. There is so much power in those tools that underline the beginning of everything we build. Plus those modest tools will reconnect you with the archetypes of human creativity.

I learned this through my multiple visits to the CCA. These are documented on this blog. The Canadian Centre for Architecture is a wonderful place where you can engage in the world of architecture and understand how important a role it plays in the physical world we live in.

What impressed me the most is how architects begin their work with simple pencil sketches that look awful and from there work out all they will need to materialize their visions from understanding the impact of lunar phases on the environment to the complexities of integrating the various religious needs of the people in a neighborhood.





One of Le Corbusier's UNESCO landmark buildings.
Let's Get It Started

I did the attached Mandalas in the summer of 2019 at a particular edge in my life. I had been living in the country in a room I rented from my brother after losing 95% of my worldly possessions and any advances I made with my blog. My lease was coming to an end and I had no idea where I could go or how I would get there. At the same time I tried to stay connected as much as I could to any semblance of my life I could and advance my transdisciplinary practice.

To work on this article I used the music of the Black Eyed Peas. It is great if you have music that energizes you as you work on your Mandalas.

What you must learn from the samples of my Mandalas in the gif below is how the psychic content evolves and organizes every day I produce a drawing. This is how various elements of our psyche rally to come up with a resolution, a process that should help you reconcile your moments of fear sadness doubt into a power healing process!

Process 

Begin by identifying something you want resolved, no matter what it is, from doing your wash to solving an equation to reconciling a relationship to solving how you will find what you need in the future whether it is food, a home or money. Once you have done that, draw a dot in the center of a page of  paper and then let yourself go wild expressing your inner content in words symbols abstract designs! GO!

Conclude by drawing a circle around your work. This process brings together your need to find clarity in the present with the need to find your way in the future.

You can share your process on my Facebook page! PUMP IT!!!

If you want to read more about the psychological foundation of using Mandala exercises read this brilliant except by N. Chaudhary:

Mandala - Semantic Scholar



Sequence of Mandalas 2019 ©  Lena Ghio  



https://twitter.com/GhioLena
https://www.facebook.com/lena.ghio.9
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lena-Ghio-Paradox-Le-Paradox-Lena-Ghio-135622606480346/

https://www.pinterest.ca/lenaghio/

No comments:

Post a Comment