Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Venice VR Expanded – Satellite Programme / Sept.2 - Sept.12

Venice VR  Expanded –  Satellite  Programme / Sept.2 - Sept.12
FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche
PHI CENTRE in Montreal is the only satellite location to experience the profound and magical programming presented in this year of COVID 19 limitations.

There are only 10 days to visit the exhibition and the places are limited. I URGE YOU TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE NOW! 
Here is why: IT IS MIND BLOWING!
Some of the artists that were present at the press tour: Katayoun Dibamehr and Avi Amar. The hangman at home - an immersive single user experience : Heidi Dussault Miller screenwriter for Once upon a sea : Francis Gélinas Au pays du cancre mou          Photo © Lena Ghio, 2020  
The fourth floor of PHI CENTRE is transformed into a well spaced and elegant virtual reality screening room. For the safety of the visitors there are many hand disinfecting islands. The viewing headsets are cleaned by ultraviolet light after each client experience. There are many attendants ready to assist you with any question or situation that may arise. 

There is a HUGE selection of virtual movies and games selected by curators for Venice VR  Expanded Michel Reilhac and Liz Rosenthal. The program is set up so that you will have 2 hours for your ticket price but unlimited choice within the programing. From this link you can get information about all the features, this will help you maximize on your available time in the headset.

Every part of the experience is covered with virtual magic. You will be in a waking dream from beginning to end.

I was enchanted with my two selections : QUEERSKINS : ARK and ONCE UPON A SEA.

Queerskins : Ark begins in a humble cluttered bedroom and takes us to the seashore in Malibu where two lovers meet. Their interactions evolve into a colorful fluid dance. I was looking at the sea and feeling so grateful because I haven't been by the seashore in a long time. I looked down and saw the grains of sand. I loved it! The dancers are presented in pointillé art style so their forms merge and explode with rich expressiveness.
Once Upon A Sea blew me away. I experienced awe and profound sadness. We go to the Dead Sea and experience both its glory and the catastrophe brought on by human greed and neglect. I spoke with screenwriter Heidi Dussault Miller and she informed me that if the destruction continues, this natural treasure will be destroyed and closed forever. She wrote me: " The Jordan River has been reduced to a trickle...and as the levels of the Dead Sea drop, it triggers the movement of subterranean water in the region...as the water moves, it then dissolves giant underground pockets of salt, and the ground above collapses. "
The movie is just wonderful to me. It felt as if I were in a privileged place where knowledge was imparted to me by wise people from another land. I hope to explore this subject more because I know we can do a lot to remedy the damages to our beautiful beloved planet!
There is a # to track the ongoing story of the Dead Sea: #OnceUponASea

No comments:

Post a Comment