Wednesday, September 1, 2021

78e Biennale di Venezia VR • PHI • MONTREAL 01.09. > 19.09.2021



Mind VR Exploration Preview

FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche

For the next two weeks you will have the opportunity to explore the second edition of 78e Biennale di Venezia VR at PHI. I had the pleasure of sampling a few of the available experiences, see below, but first, here are some pragmatic informations.

Because of Covid restrictions there are only ten people at a time who can visit the exhibition. This means the tickets are limited so reserve ASAP if you want to go. There are thirty films available and these were curated byLiz Rosenthal and Michel Reilhac. Once you get to the exhibition, you will have two hours to experience the VR movies you will choose, for this reasons I have added several links to help you choose your films BEFORE your visit. Before you begin you will have a quick course on how to use the technology and there are attendants on the site to assist you in your journey. Have your vaccine passport ready should they ask you for it, they are real easy to get.

ANANDALA  

ANANDALA Preview

A Kevin Mack production, this animated feature is relaxing and mesmerizing. It is at once abstract and familiar as continents emerge from the flowing colours and life like as colourful masses come visit you and appear to be communicating with you. This was the first movie I saw. I curated my visit to experience it in a way that aligns with my philosophies. I chose Anandala because it reminds me of the universal unconscious, of the ocean depths, of imagination and dreamscapes from where rises all that we then experience on Earth.

GENESIS

GENESIS Preview

I wanted to experience the ocean. I have been lucky to experience many excellent VR movies that take me either to the beach or to the depths of the ocean. This movie is brilliant! In thirteen minutes the artists illustrate billions of years of the Earth's story. At one moment you are swimming with the fish in the next you are in a field run over by dinosaurs! It is an exciting and moving film that flowed harmoniously from my first chosen movie so that what was once only potential bursts forth in diversity.

SPACE EXPLORERS Ep.2: Advance

The third movie concluded my exploration of Felix & Paul's unbelievable series filmed inside the Space Station that takes us as close as possible to what it is like to live in space. All of a sudden I found the Space Station bigger than I remembered it! WOW! But my third choice flowed perfectly with the two previous ones. We emerged from space to manifest on Earth and now we are trying to go back out there. We see the astronauts performing experiments as they float from room to room. I especially loved to glimpse at how plants are now growing in space, something they could not do just ten years ago! It made me think that we can learn to master the force of gravity.

Then I had to return home. Reality had a slightly different feel after my visit!

DO NOT WAIT!

For all the information and to schedule your visit HERE

-LENA GHIO  

MASKMAKER Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment