Sunday, April 10, 2022

Accademia del Piacere & Constantinople / from Andalusia to Samarkand in the XV.

Take a listen
FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche

I went to this delightful concert on April 9th at the elegant Bourgie Hall of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. It was beautiful to see human beings uniting to share music of a time long ago. I am not a music academic so I can only comment from the perspective of my profane ear and appreciation.  

I recognized a sort of instrumental mellowness like I enjoyed in ancient Egyptian music: slow beginning with a passionate wave rising. The difference with ancient Egyptian music this show is that Accademia del Piacere & Constantinople use string and percussion instruments to take us down a journey in time. Playing the viol is one of the greatest virtuoso Fahmi Alqhai. The musical director Kiya Tabassian with all the musicians gave us quite an experience. We are so unaccustomed in our time to just sit with musicians who play like it was experienced in medieval times, a pure luxury of the elites. 

The musicians will announce their new season this May on their social media web sites FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment