Monday, October 10, 2022

51e FNC • FNC EXPLORE Oct 5 → Oct 16 2022

FNC EXPLORE Oct 5 → Oct 16 2022
FRANÇAIS app de traduction à gauche

Laika trailer

Centre Phi
proposes several VR features in two different format: Horizon, these are based on 6DoF technology (6 Degrees of Freedom) where you can move within the feature, and Panorama that use 3D imagery to give you an immersive experience.

There are several movies in both categories that you can choose in the package deal you buy. 

Unfortunately for me, I did not have a pleasant experience this time around. I received a press pass to test the product but my format was Horizon. I hadn't understood what that was as an experience so I had black screen often as I didn't move in the VR. Then my Oculus VR headset took more than 30 minutes to work. I was becoming impatient when I finally saw my library.  I chose the movie Laika by Asif Kapadia. It is the devastating true story of the first living being sent into space by Russia, a stray dog called Laika. By the time the movie ended I was heartbroken!


On the morning you wake 
Then, I chose the documentary On the morning you wake by Mike Brett, Steve Jamison, Arnaud
Colinart,
Pierre Zandrowicz. Maybe you remember the scary event that happened in Hawaii on January 13 2018 when a communication glitch sent all inhabitants of the island the devastating emergency message that a nuclear bomb was headed to the island and they had a few minutes to go under cover. This is the story of this film. We hear very compelling testimony from the real people who experienced this life altering terrifying day.

Sadly, the content is mostly flowing dots, or triangles drawing things. That is not very exciting in a VR story about the end of the world. After Laika, this movie made me want to leave and go back into the sunny day asap! 

Let my tale be a cautionary tale and make sure you go to the attached links to get information about the subjects and formats of the VR experience proposed!

LENA GHIO   

Twitter  Facebook  Instagram   Pinterest  Paradox  

No comments:

Post a Comment